Berkeley Parents Network
Google Custom Search
Home Members Post a Msg Reviews Advice Subscribe Help/FAQ What's New

Suicide Prevention

Berkeley Parents Network > Reviews > Therapists, Counseling , & Support Groups > Suicide Prevention

Related pages:
  • Alameda County Crisis Counselling Center Reviews
  • Explaining Suicide to Children
    (March 2004)
    The current contact for Alameda county:
    Crisis Support Services of Alameda County
    (800) 309-2131  24-hour crisis line
    (510) 420-2460  business line
    P.O. Box 3120 
    Oakland, CA  94609
    September 1999

    This is in reply to the posting regarding a therapist that specializes in Suicide Prevention. I am not sure where your sister lives. However, most cities / counties have suicide prevention services available. I have enclosed the phone number for the center in Berkeley. I am sure that they will be able to provide some advice and therapist referrals. Good Luck! Nikki

    Suicide Prevention-Crisis Svc
    Call 480-998-9331 (Scottsdale, AZ) to get a Jin Shin Jyutsu practitioner near you to help. I wish I had known about physio-philosophy for my own sister. This is *not* a band-aid, but gets to underlying causes to help the body-mind heal. My heart goes out to you. Nori
    You need to take her to a hospital emergency room so she can be evaluated immediately. If she is at risk of killing herself they can hospitalize her immediately until she is no longer suicidal. If she has a plan then you need to seek immediate help for her. Good luck.
    I don't have a doctor recommendation, but a great resource for you and your family is Crisis Support Services of Alameda County. The number (which is different depending on what part of the county you are calling from) is listed in the phone book and through information. CSS may not be able to refer you to particular doctors, but they do operate a 24-hour crisis hotline staffed by trained caring volunteers. They do suicide prevention and other crisis support as well. Give your sister the number, and maybe the rest of your family too --CSS can offer helpful advice and support, because it is important that you take care of yourselves, too. They also have some community referrals, and offer some other services (ask them). Good luck.
    re: referrals to help the sister who is suicidal: There is a psychologist in Albany named Leah Statman who is also a Jin Shin practitioner. I knew her in a very different context (I took a parenting class from her) but I think she might be very helpful if you want to try Jin Shin. She has two numbers listed in the phone book: 525-5080 and 528-2984. Betsy Wing Betsy
    Home   |   Post a Message  |   Subscribe  |   Help   |   Search  |   Contact Us    

    this page was last updated: Mar 16, 2004

    BPN is now a 501(c)(3) non-profit and we are transitioning to a new website:

    The opinions and statements expressed on this website are those of parents who subscribe to the Berkeley Parents Network.
    Please see Disclaimer & Usage for information about using content on this website.    Copyright © 1996-2015 Berkeley Parents Network